The PFM came in five principal models, varying by cap and trim color. What we have here is the PFM I. The PFM models below are for your reference:
1) PFM I - Single color plastic cap and barrel, polished stainless steel clip and cap band, and palladium silver nib. The PFM I is the only model without the White Dot.
2) PFM II - Frosted stainless steel cap and plastic barrel, polished stainless steel clip and cap band, and palladium silver nib.
3) PFM III - Single color plastic cap and barrel, gold-filled clip and cap band, and a 14kt gold nib.
4) PFM IV - Stainless steel cap and plastic barrel, gold-filled clip and plunger cap endplate and a 14kt gold nib.
5) PFM V - Gold plated cap and plastic barrel, gold-filled clip and plunger cap endplate and a 14kt gold nib.
NOTE: By popular opinion in the fountain pen community, the rarest colors are gray, green and blue.
This fountain pen cap and barrel are in magnificent condition with no chips, cracks, teeth marks or repairs. There are no monograms or personalizations to either the cap or barrel. The cap is stamped with, "Sheaffer Made in U.S.A." This Sheaffer PFM III measures 5 3/8" in length capped and 5 5/8" posted.
I have ultrasonically cleaned the NIB, section, feed, and tube. Hand polished the gold-filled trim and 14K Medium Nib. There is no brassing to any of the trim areas and the Sheaffer White Dot is securing attached in the clip. I have cleaned, buffed, polished & waxed the barrel, cap, and blind cap to bring back the vibrancy and to protect the material of the fountain pen. Installed a new rubber sac, o-ring, and point seal - all been replaced with correct reproduction parts. This Sheaffer Pen has been disassembled, cleaned and inspected for any defects before reassembling. The snorkel tube moves freely and draws ink as it should.
The 14K NIB has a fine point measuring roughly .50mm when measured with digital calipers. The NIB writes with an extra-fine to medium line/stroke. In the writing sample provided, this NIB stroke measures roughly .43mm on horizontal strokes and .73mm on the downward strokes with medium/firm pressure when measuring with a digital caliper. The writing sample was done with the actual pen in the images that are listed for sale. I have tested the filling mechanism with water and fills as it should. The writing sample was used by dipping the NIB in Parker Quink Blue-Black Ink.
Any specks of white in the images are from the cotton that I used to clean the barrel and cap.
This Sheaffer PFM III is hard to find in this condition and color. It is ready to write or just add to writing arsenal collection. I would consider this Sheaffer PFM III to easily grade in Excellent Condition and certainly a collector grade piece that is ready to write with or add to your writing arsenal collection!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.